Friday, April 20, 2012

Babys First Easter

 
(Disclaimer: I apologize in advance for the lack of apostrophes, quotation marks and dashes. A little almost 3-month old who shall remain nameless spit up all over the upper right side of my keyboard when I held her up to the camera during a Skype session with Daddy. The aforementioned keys along with the Delete and Backspace buttons were compromised. Yuck! I'm going to do my best to add them in at the end via CharMap but apologize for any I miss ;) )

The week before Easter, I was at the mall looking for an Easter dress for myself when we came across the ol' Easter Bunny.  Though she wasn't in a cute spring dress, she did randomly have on a pink onesie with bunnies on it. So being a sucker for traditions, I actually <b>woke her up</b> from a nap to get the picture made.  I'm nuts, I know.  She actually did pretty well and we only had a couple hysterically crying pictures. I was tempted to select one of those for humor's sake, but figured there will be plenty of opportunities to get photos of her being tortured by a giant character of some sort down the road.

Don't they teach them to support the neck at Easter Bunny School?!
I emailed a picture of this picture to her Dad, thinking he would think it was adorable and love it! His response?
"I really hope she doesn't get sick from all the germs on that bunny and has to go the hospital and get a lumbar puncture."

Oh, pediatricians...

Later in the week my mom sent A and I a wonderful Easter Care Package filled with candy for me (SweeTarts Chicks, Ducks & Bunnies [which they CHANGED this year! Hmph!] and Peanut Butter Eggs) and some toys and dresses for Adrienne, including her very first Easter Dress and <u>MY</u> very FIRST dress! My mom had found the dress I wore home from the hospital and cleaned it all up and sent it to us. It fits perfect and I am so excited for her to wear it for a very special occasion coming up! {And yes, I was a chunky almost 10-pound baby so what I wore home from the hospital fits my almost three month old daughter ;)

That night we had a little fashion show before bed so we could send Grandma some pictures!


Aside from receiving wonderful Easter gifts, the lil sidekick and I were also lucky to be graced with a visit from Mimi & Pops for Easter!! Justin's parents drove in from Virginia on Friday and stayed with us until Tuesday. They hadn't seen Adrienne since she was 2 weeks old so it was great for them to see how much she has grown and changed.  We may have put Pops to work a lil bit as he tended to our lawn and even planted a tree for us! 



Being in a military town and in a military neighborhood, most people were away from their families for the holiday. Our street decided to have a cookout complete with Easter Egg hunt. It was mid-70s and absolutely perfect weather!

Pops & Mimi with Adrienne
I was a wee bit tired on Easter Sunday since I think we were experiencing a growth spurt over here and I was awakened by a cute lil girl every hour and a half from 9:30pm on. (Yes. EVERY. And thankfully it only lasted a couple days!) But we still had a great day. I cooked a teeny tiny ham for the three of us since our Champion Eater is still overseas and we of course had deviled eggs!

 We are definitely looking forward to having an Easter Egg hunter next year!

And to round out the post, a quick Easter story from years past...

When I was about 4 and my little brother was 2, my mom hid Easter Eggs for us on our deck. After we woke up and got our Easter Baskets, we went outside for the big hunt. I was SO into it! Seeking out the eggs from their little hiding spots and carefully placing them in my basket. My little brother was into it as well...following closely behind me and examining my loot. He had just learned a new word and was putting it to use. For every egg I would place in my basket, he would, unbeknownst to me, remove and slam on the ground, exclaiming "BALL!" I had no idea this was going on for the longest time but when I did realize, you examine the ish hit the fan! 

The best part? It is allll on video!

No comments:

Post a Comment